Tuesday, June 2, 2009

only 3 days more . . .

Until schools out! I'm really excited to have them all home for the summer. They need the de-tox from school; it starts to wear on them after a while. This week is all make-up days from overages on snow days, so they're doing NOTHING. Jacklin has her field day today, and I'm going to "help". Also, Colin has an end-of-the-year party from 1-2, so I'll be at the school all day. I went on Aiden's field trip yesterday and we had a lot of fun. It's fun to get to know his friends better and riding on a school bus is so nostalgic, hehehe. We went to the Westcott house in Springfield, which is designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright and is over 100 years old. That guy was way ahead of his time, because that house was so modern looking still. It was restored about 2 years ago to the original look and it is just gorgeous. Has a lot of Asian zen feel to it, with reflecting pools and gorgeous gardens and verandas.

So, we got the van fixed. We ended up having it towed to another shop, because the one place couldn't figure out what was wrong. It ended up being a wiring harness behind the motor that had melted and was short circuiting. So, sometimes it ran and sometimes not. But, now it runs like a dream. We only had to dump a little $$ into it, but there went my trip to Oregon to see my siblings graduate. Oh well. That is how life is. I think it's a sign that it's their turn to come visit me! I really miss them all. I'm the oldest sister in a family of 15 and some of them are just like my children. I had a lot to do with raising them and love it when they call me or text me and we chat. Oh, I miss them so much!!!!

Well, I should be getting out the door. Jacklin is wondering if her forgetful mother is going to show up today or not. Gotta love her, she keeps me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment