Wednesday, May 27, 2009

playing hookie

Wow . . .this week is flying by. It's already Wednesday and i haven't posted for almost a week! The Van . . .sad, sad story. It's STILL not working, well, we thought it was fixed on Monday. We made it to the picnic at church and home again (it's a 5min drive there, and 5min back). Then, yesterday Jacklin had a field trip and we missed the bus cuz the van wouldn't start. I finally got it going and drove them quickly to the school, but sadly it died while trying to turn into the school. Yes, I blocked traffic for about 2 miles back, buses, teachers, students. I could not get it to start. A very kind gentleman finally came and helped me push it off the road. That is very nearly impossible at that time of day because the school is just off a main highway.
People are suppossed to drive 20 miles per hour in the school zone part of the highway, but it's constant traffic @ 7:45 in the morning. Well, after the van was on the side of the road, I had to run the kids across the busy highway to the school. Whew! Jacklin made it to the field trip. Thank goodness we have AAA. I called them and they towed the van to the repair shop. I borrowed a friends Suburban to pick them up from the bus stop yesterday.

Well, the van is still being repaired or they're still trying to figure out what is wrong. Kenny replaced the fuel pump, air filter, some sensors, but it seems to be an electrical problem. We just had a tune up on it in February, but I keep thinking maybe its just a defective spark plug or something. Cuz, I know so much about fixing cars.

So, today all the kids are home from school and I am sick with the flu that has been going around our family. the headache, sore throat, sinus pressure sickness . . .yuck! Aiden very sweetly made me breakfast-in-bed. he made OJ, oatmeat, and yogurt. Rona ate most of it, cuz my appetite is not too good. They are all so happy to be home. I told them they could do 1 chore and then play, so right now they're putting away their laundry. I put Sylas in charge of helping them get the clothes to their rooms, so we'll see. Sounds like they're fighting down there . . ."Sylas stop choking Aiden". Oh my. I'm being lazy and sitting in bed writing my blog.

It rained a bit last night for the first time in about a week. It's been really humid for the past 3 days. I do not love humidity. We're watering the garden and flowers alot and the garden is growing well. Although, the slugs have been eating some, so we've replanted. Anyone know how to keep slugs out? I love working out in the yard, better than working in the house. I would rather pull weeds and haul water to gently water my seedlings, than do housework. But alas, the laundry is piling up and the floors need washed. maybe since I have so many helpers home today. . .hmmm . . .

So, I'm meditating on that verse that "all things work together for good to those who Love God". It seems like there's a dark cloud following me around, but I know that God won't give us more than we can bear and that He follows along closely with us, even the very hairs of our head are numbered. So, it will all work out eventually and I still have so many things to be thankful for. Well, I gotta go for now, Colin has been up here crying twice, because "the boys are being mean to me" and "Sylas yelled at me." So, I will go play referee. "This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it".

No comments:

Post a Comment