Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wal*Mart the witches house...

...my husband has dubbed it that. Reasons why I HATE Wal*Mart:
The bakery smells good

They already have fruit flies and the produce isn't good

I get a workout just to hike back for a gallon of milk (or 2 or 3) and a dozen eggs (or 2 or 3)

They only have one register open after 9pm and it's a good 1/2 hr wait in line

They have really low prices on most things, but

They don't do double coupons . . .argh!!!

I can find good deals on kids shoes after season

They put cheap ring pops by the register

You walk in the doors and immediately forget what is on your list because of all the low prices and proceed to buy many things you don't really need, just because it's cheap

If all you need is a package of hotdogs and a new goldfish, because Jacklins died last night, you have to hike nearly 1/4mile before you're done and spend nearly 1/2 hour at the witches house!

Oh, how i love to hate Wal*Mart...
where is the natural foods section?
Rona always wants the BIG cart
that she refuses to sit in!

I know, I'm no poet, but I had to vent...of course, I went there last night for a couple things after 9:30pm. I mean it was literally $27 worth ... i Needed icecream and bananas for banana splits to bless my husband and we needed shower gel...It took me 45 min. from start to finish!!!!!! I almost read an entire People magazine while waiting in line!! Needless to say, i was very frustrated. Oh well...I actually managed to boycott them for 1 year but it had no effect...they're still in business and thriving, darn it. Maybe on the new earth we can do something about them.

Rona is a bit flu-ish today, but no temp. so that's good. Colin got sick last week with the flu on Tuesday, started with an earache, then fever, headache, sore throat. So he got to miss a few days of school...yesterday was his first day back. He was so happy to not be going to school...they are all so ready to be done. I really hate this time of year because they don't learn anything new, they watch movies and try to cram in all the field trips and the field days and the papers that come home...egads! I'm so looking forward to summer and having them all home.

No comments:

Post a Comment