Friday, May 22, 2009

3-day weekend ahead . . .

Oh I love extra vacation days! I haven't posted for a few days because my internet was down and I was too lazy @ night to go fix it. . .something about the modem getting reset? I'm just savvy enough to be dangerous, with technology.

Well, yesterday was Jacklin's spring music program and they've been working on the songs for months. She sings them around the house all the time. . .she loves to sing and loves music. We got loaded up in the van @ 6:30 to go and everyone was cleaned up and in clean clothes, and the van wouldn't go! It has been stalling for a couple months in the mornings, and Ken fixed the fuel filter awhile ago. He thinks it is the fuel pump now $$$. . .if it isn't one thing, it's another. So, we didn't go to the program and Kenny had to take the day off today to fix the van. Now, I could complain about many things, but I'm so thankful that Ken can fix cars; and we got to have a day at home together. It was going to be a crazy day, me going to work, and then trying to get to the grocery store in between picking up kids from the bus and going to T ball and softball games tonight.

We have had such warm, beautiful weather this week. I planted more flowers this year than in past years, mostly because I have time for it now. But, I also have to remember to water them every night so they survive. I love being outside right now. It has been such a nice spring. Usually it's already quite humid and unbearable. I'm so thankful for this beautiful weather!!

Rona went to the dentist for the first time yesterday!! She just got her teeth cleaned, because they wanted her to have a good experience before she got her filling this morning; yes, she had a cavity already!!! I noticed it about a month ago and I swear it's from all the fruit snacks she kept sneaking under the couch. I've been a mean mommy recently and haven't bought any fruit snacks since we discovered the "rotten tooth". Those things are aweful; i buy them for road trips to victory, cuz it's special and we're in the car for 9 hours. But, Rona had somehow been able to eat the entire box if she could find one in the cupboard. . .where was her mother?

Sylas has a mowing job for the summer, that he has started already. He gets $20 each time he mows and it's taken quite a bit of motivation to keep him at it. Usually Ken or I will have to go there with him to keep him working, but he went last night by himself and did a good job. He just has to finish the side yard a little bit today. It was so hot yesterday, 86, that he waited til later in the evening and then it got dark on him. He's trying to earn $ for a trip to Oregon this summer. It's really good for him to have goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment