Saturday, May 16, 2009

Firepits and Camping

Well, it's very late, but i had to write before I sleep. Thursday night turned out so fun! Colin's practice was cancelled, because of the thundershowers in the morning and early afternoon. Sylas decided an after-school nap was in order, so while he slept, we ran to the store for hotdog buns and the much-desired-by-Aiden Strawberry Lemonade mix and some more boxes of our new favorite cereal, O's. The sun was shining warmly down and we all agreed it was a great night for a fire-pit! We had the ingredients for s'mores and hotdogs and I made guacamole for the parents. We had just the right amount of coals to cook our food properly and enjoyed our 1st firepit of the season. Colin asked all winter long to "have a firepit tonight" , so he was probably the most excited. . .kept throwing in twigs to keep the fire going! All the younger kids needed to be bathed, so bedtime was late and we were all tired this morning! TGIF , well, now Saturday, officially.
Friday . . .Rona is still not feeling good, so no work day for me today. This weekend is the soccer tournament at our church camp in Victory, NY. Sylas has been practicing like crazy and Aiden is allowed to practice as well, but can't officially play until next year. We usually all go up together as a family, but our 5th wheel is in much need of some TLC from Kenny, so we decided just Kenny should go with Sylas and Aiden. Kenny is driving his tiny little Honda Civic up there, so I'm praying he makes it there safely and the car doesnt break down. I will cheer from home . . .GO URBANA! In the past they've won a couple tournaments, so we'll see!

I gave Rona some IB to see if she would perk up and sure enough about an hour later, she pipes up, "I feel better, Mom",so off we went to the mall to shop with our friend, Allie. We went to Old Navy for cheap flipflops and to finishline, cuz Allie needed new running shoes. I got crocs on sale there for Rona and Sylas. He's been wanting a pair for over a year . . I actually got him the mammoth style (slipper lined) because the liners are removable. He was thrilled to death!

Colin had a game tonight @ 5:30, so I took the 3 younger kids with me . . .he's playing 3rd base position and loves it! He is so cute . . . I texted Kenny the play by play cuz he was on his way up to NY already and usually takes Colin to the games and practices. He scored quite a few points for his team, had a triple and a double and made it home 2x. I will get some pics of him on here soon. Then we ate dinner at Subway and got a movie and came home to go "camping". We brought the little tent into the living rm and Colin and Jacklin are camping tonight. Rona is sleeping with me, so I'm not lonely. Looking forward to the morning. . . we plan on planting our garden tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. oh my god,
    You are the cutest, craziest mom ever! I thought my life was busy til a read your blogs every day. Sounds like you are tons of fun! And crocs, wow!!! The things kids want. It's like the uglier they are the more the kids want them. Colin sounds totally cute and super into is it t-ball? Can't wait to see pics. I could tell you some stories too, but they are pretty lame. Mostly just about all the crazies I wait on in the small town of Lake O.
    I love you tons Linda!!
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I got you hooked on O's Cereal... remember when we had it in FL and I told you how amazing it was?? Anyways... I love reading your blogs... makes me feel like I'm not so far away from you guys. But, I still miss you and the kids like crazy!!

    XOXO,

    Jewels

    ReplyDelete