Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rona got the flu bug :(

Well, I wanted to work an extra day yesterday, but Rona got bit by the flu bug...it went into her eyes and ears and she slept most of the day. The waking hours were spent fussing and wanting mom to hold her and not wanting to eat. That is the biggest indication that Rona is sick! She LOVES food, just like her mom!!! I'm thankful that my genes have a good metabolism included, because sometimes I can pack the food away!
I went to work today, with Rona in tow (and blankey and bunny and lunch box and children's motrin). She's actually pretty good when she comes with me, just watches movies and plays Polly Pocket. I've even considered quitting daycare, but she really likes going and probably needs to learn social skills, blah,blah,blah... Her ears were bothering her still, but I came across this wonderful homeopathic medication when Colin was sick last week. It's made by Herbs for Kids and it's called Willow Garlic Ear drops. It relieves the ear aches and helps with grouchiness! So, now of course, she's feeling wonderful with that IB in her and her & Jacklin are outside setting up the tent and playing house. Jacklin is a wonderful big sister, she comes up with lots of imaginary games and plays well with Colin also.
This morning it was thunder and lightening and lots of rain, but now it's sunny and warm. We've actually had a spring this year! I'm so happy. Usually it's a one week affair between winter and summer; we barely turn off the heater and the A/C is on. Jacklin has softball practice tonight, so I better go and make supper...something Mexican tonight because I have avocados that are dying to become guacamole! I still didn't make the chocolate chip cookies that I was craving yesterday, so I better get into the kitchen and get busy. I'm actually excited that I know what I'm making for supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment